Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I am still here!

Hello everyone! Wow, I didn't realize how long it has been since I posted anything to my blog! I have been busy working on two queen sized quilts.  When I moved my sewing space to the basement it allowed me to finally open my quilting frame to its full width.  The first quilt on it was the quilt top that a friend asked if I could finish for her.  I am embarrassed to say that was over a year ago, but after a few false starts and a sewing machine tune-up there it is on the frame. 
I put the final stitches in the binding yesterday and will be delivering it to her tomorrow. 
This is the other quilt that I finished last week.  Another friend asked if I could make her a queen sized quilt for her bed.  After some consultation she decided on a pattern in the Dec/Jan 2013 issue of Quilt magazine.  The original pattern was for a twin size. I love the way this turned out. I especially like the binding which I used a 2.5 inch strip of each of the colors in the quilt. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment