Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

Yesterday was Father's Day.  Both my father and father-in-law passed away years ago so my husband and I try to visit their final resting place if we can.  We were able to do that yesterday. My father-in-law was laid to rest in a large cemetery in the middle of the city where we live.  My dad is laid to rest in a small country cemetery just outside the village where I grew up.  After paying our respects to my father-in-law we drove around the cemetery. When we were in the older section , the dates on the headstones were in the mid to late 1800's, we saw these peaceful creatures. 
 
 There are over 30 head of deer that live in this cemetery. 
On our drive through the cemetery we also saw some geese and a ground hog.  I didn't take any pictures of those.  I just find it fascinating that so many deer would reside in a place in the middle of a city. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment