Sunday, August 14, 2011

New Project!

My husband and I always take a week's vacation at the end of June. In previous years we have gone camping but this year we went to my Mom's house to help my sisters clear out one of the upstairs bedrooms that has become a storage room. There was a lot of stuff in that room! Some of the things we found brought back memories that evoked all sorts of emotion. In that room we also found a couple of bags that had some of our late brother's shirts and jeans in them. He passed away suddenly about a year and a half ago. Well I decided to bring them home and make something with them. Who will receive this and when I am keeping to myself for now because I know at least one of my sisters read this blog sometimes and I don't want to give away all of the surprise;)

I found this video tutorial by Eleanor Burns from Quilt In A Day on making a double pinwheel block so I decided to give it a try. I like this block because you make two blocks at the same time. These are the blocks I have made so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment