Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Tree is Finally Up...

This year I have been procrastinating about putting up our Christmas tree. I just haven't been able to get in the right frame of mind to enjoy this special holiday. As I was decorating I was able to get into the spirit a little. Each of the ornaments on this tree have either been given to my children or have been made by them.
I knitted each of these stockings for my kids when they were small. The pattern was in an old McCall's holiday magazine that I can no longer find. I did realize that I should make a runner for the mantle before next year.
This is the oldest ornament on the tree. It was given to my oldest boy for his first Christmas by his grandmother.
This is the newest ornament on the tree. My youngest son made it at school.

I made this tree skirt back in the mid '80's when I first started quilting. I never did finish it but I still used it each year since. I think it is time for a new one. Maybe I will get one done for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment