Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hooray, it's finished...

In March I was contacted by one of our local libraries and asked if I could assemble and quilt a project that they needed finished by mid April. I agreed to try and picked up the 6 inch blocks on the 19th of March. There were 46 blocks in total, all drawn by the children who participated in a summer reading program last year.

I found this nifty red fabric with words like reading, school, fish, book and a few more at the Lens Mills store in London.

I machine pieced the blocks with a 2 inch red sashing and a 1 inch royal blue border followed by a 3 inch red border and bound it with the royal blue. I then added a hanging sleeve so the library could hang the finished quilt in one of their meeting rooms. I put the last stitch in the quilt on April 10 and was able to deliver the finished quilt on the 15th just 3 days before the the due date.

No comments:

Post a Comment