Saturday, June 28, 2014

A Flimsy Finish

     Have I ever mentioned that I work in a library?  Well a couple of months ago one of the librarians put together a display of quilts and books that had quilts featured in them.  She asked me if I could bring in some of my smaller quilted items and some of the items used in quilting to use for her display.  I took in some of the smaller projects I have and I included a wall hanging of a paper pieced farm house that I made several years ago. 
     One of the other librarians saw that wall hanging and asked if I could make a wall hanging for her if she gave me the dimensions  and a sketch of the picture she wanted.  I told her I would try.  I have never sewn curves before and have done very little applique but with the help of several YouTube videos and websites I think it has turned out well.  I am not happy with the sun so I may try making it smaller and in a lighter shade of yellow.  I had thought of using white but that may make it look like a moon.
     What do you think?


  

No comments:

Post a Comment