Saturday, June 25, 2011

Beat the deadline!

I gave myself a deadline of June 26th to finish my son's quilt and I did it! I finished putting the binding on it on Wednesday. I found a wonderful tutorial here by the Missouri Star Quilt Co. for putting binding on entirely by machine. It was much easier than I thought and hand sewing through denim would have taken me a very long time. By using the machine method for binding I had it completed in a little less than an hour.

The finished quilt held up by my husband. I was going to try to free motion quilt the borders but I found it just to heavy to control so I went with straight lines instead.

The jeans I used for the backing were castoffs from my husband, my oldest son, my youngest son and myself. The ones I had on hand were not enough so a friend gave me some of hers. They were not long enough for the width of the quilt so I added a panel in the centre using some orphan blocks I had in my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment