Monday, February 14, 2011

Have you ever gotten sidetracked?

Time to start on my next project, but what should it be? Well I made a quilt top in June 2009 with the intention of finishing it to give to my husband this April for our silver wedding anniversary, so I thought that should be my next finish. I would like to try some free motion quilting on it so I thought I would practice on a small project first. I found a perfect project of a table topper and matching mug rugs at Bejewled Quilts by Barb. I thought "A perfect solution, use some of my scraps and practice my free motion quilting too".

Now my scraps are not organized in any way. When I am working on a project I put my scraps in bags.

I decided it was time to sort them at least by colour so I could get an idea what I could use for the table topper and mug rug project. This picture is only a portion of my scrap stash.


There are so many oddly shaped pieces of fabric that I thought it would be a good idea to cut them into more usable sizes and organize them at the same time. I started with red in honor of Valentine's Day. I cut them into strips and squares 1", 1.5", 2", 2.5", 3" and over. I left some of the bigger scraps to use as backing for smaller projects.

While I was sorting through my scraps and yardage I found this UFO that I made but don't remember when or why. It is a perfect size for a table topper. I also found some checkered scraps that although not the same as in the UFO it is similar to use for some mug rugs to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment