Saturday, July 24, 2010

Friday Nite Sew-In

For the Friday Nite Sew-In I decided to work on a bag that I had in mind for over a year now. I saw a picture of it and decided to try to make it. Since I didn't have a pattern and only a vague idea of how to put it together, I did some research on the Internet.

Using some scraps of fabric from my stash I quilted the fabric using a one inch grid pattern using painters tape as a sewing guide.

I was able to complete the front and back and make the handles.

This shows the inside lining of the bag. I was able to accomplish a lot because my youngest son has autism and because of that he doesn't sleep at night sometimes so to keep myself awake I work on my sewing sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. Wow - you were busy! Great success with the FNSI. Great idea with the painters tape too.
    Angie - www.craftedAngles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag - that'll come in so handy! So happy to find another fellow-Canadian - I've become a follower!

    ReplyDelete