Saturday, April 17, 2010

In my corner of the world...

In my corner of the world, yesterday was a wonderful spring day. We had a few showers in the morning then a mixture of sun and cloud the rest of the day. The temperature was warm enough to sit out on the deck and relax. Something I have started doing lately is trying to keep my hands busy with sewing or some other craft so I am not thinking of what there is to eat in the fridge. (I would love to lose a lot of weight.) So in between loads of laundry I sat on the deck and started to hand piece the "treasures" I found in a thrift shop last May.

I wasn't sure what this block was called so I researched it and found the pattern in one of my old quilt magazines. It is called a Nosegay. As I looked at what the quilter(s) had already sewn I realized some were hand pieced and others were machine pieced all with a 1/8 inch seam allowance. As I have never made any blocks with diamonds or set in seams I have decided to hand piece them making them a good long term project.

Since last night was The Friday Nite Sew-In I decided to keep working on these blocks so I made a cup of tea, sat in my favorite chair and continued sewing.

I was able to stitch together 2 1/2 "bouquets" by bedtime.

3 comments:

  1. being able to sit outside on a pleasant day to stitch.....ah what a wonderful day

    btw....The new look of your blog is terrific

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty little "bouquets". I should sit outside and stitch - what a lovely idea.

    So glad you joined us last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of my future projects. I have an old magazine with the pattern in it that I saved. I've never looked at the instructions but now I might get it out and see if I should hand piece or what. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete