A friend from work told me about her quilt. It was a wedding gift from her husband's grandmother and it was in need of some repair. She asked me if I had ever repaired a quilt before. I said no but I would do some research and see if I could figure it out and if I could I would try to fix up hers. I came home and went online and found a few sites that showed quilt repair. I went back and told her I would try but no promises. I couldn't match up the damaged fabric so I bought a colour similar. Then I cut strips of fabric the correct size adding seam allowances. I then proceeded to hand stitch them to the damaged areas also replacing batting as I went. After all the torn strips were replaced I requilted the areas I repaired. This took a bit of time as I don't hand stitch very quickly. I finally finished the repair this weekend.